Senior Payroll Specialist
Bucuresti, București, RomaniaExternal Client - Bucharest/ Romania
For one of our clients, a leader in its industry segment in Romania, we are closely looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist.
You will join a great company with great values!
We are here for you to explore many other opportunities interpool HR - Camelia Stroe
Your role will have the following responsibilities:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data, preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Recommends or participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations;
- Deliver accurate and timely payroll, including specific finance information.
- Prepare and post accurate payroll actuals and accruals in line with accounting standards.
- Prepare payroll balance sheet accounts in specific software within the required deadlines, reconcile payroll P&L accounts to payroll files, reconcile deductions and local returns to general ledger and identify and resolve issues with HR support.
- Perform standard activities related to payroll processing (bonuses, overtime, vacation accruals, payroll taxes, GL reclassification etc).
- Calculate, pay and record salary advance payments for employees.
- Recording and checking of different types of medical leaves.
- Participate in payroll audits.
- Ensure compliance with governmental laws on payroll accounting and taxes.
- Assure traceability and compliance of the monthly payroll postings.
- Various analysis requested by management.
- A bachelor/master degree in Accounting, Finance;
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in the field of payroll, financial analyses, audit, reporting
- Previous experience as a payroll accountant or in a similar role;
- Very good knowledge of payroll legislation
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
- Great computational ability
- Patience and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and plan activities.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the needs of the team
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Support provided within the department
- Knowledge of dpPayroll is a plus.