Service Technician (m/f/d) - 100% Remote -
RemoteMilan, Lombardia, ItalyOptima Packaging
Our client Optima, with its headquarters in Schwäbisch Hall, Germany, is the worldwide leader in packaging technologies in many fields. With its 20 subsidiaries worldwide and more than 2,800 employees, Optima works on designing and building packaging equipment for pharmaceutical, consumer, nonwoven, and life science products – from single standard machines to complete complex turnkey systems.
In the branch of pharmaceutical machinery, Optima develops and builds filling, sealing and process equipment for pharmaceuticals. For Optima Pharma’s sales and service subsidiary, based in Italy, we are currently hiring a
Service Technician (m/f/d)
- 100% remote -
What are your tasks?
- In this autonomous role, you will provide the highest level of service and customer support during field visits, as well as manage all on-site reparation, maintenance, and operation tasks of Optima’s pharmaceutical customers across Italy.
- You will maintain and accurately diagnose errors or technical problems, including troubleshooting, and repair the full range of pharmaceutical equipment by determining proper solutions, as well as performing preventive and corrective maintenance.
- In accordance with the latest engineering advancements, you will perform modifications to machinery by repairing or upgrading customers’ equipment.
- In close collaboration with the technical team in Germany, and adhering to the overall global standards, you will produce and document timely and detailed reports of all performed tasks (service reports, change control reports, etc.), as well as transfer your knowledge across the organization.
- As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for training the customers’ personnel in both the electrical and mechanical aspects of the machinery.
What could your profile look like?
- You are a qualified engineer with a degree in electronics, mechatronics, robotics, or a related field.
- You bring relevant experience as a service technician, ideally in the field of special machinery in a small or medium-sized production company. You have the ability to read maintenance manuals, write diagrams and electrical/pneumatic drawings, and are familiar with troubleshooting software (Allen Bradley or Siemens).
- As the primary on-site contact for our customers, you bring a customer-oriented and solution-oriented mindset, as well as an ability to work independently.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to fluently communicate in Italian and English. German knowledge is a plus.
- You enjoy traveling and are open to spending about 200 days a year supporting your various customers in Italy and across Europe. You, therefore, hold a valid driver’s license.
What can you expect at Optima?
- As a member of a multinational team, you will have the opportunity to work, in a family- like environment, alongside colleagues from diverse backgrounds who value teamwork and collaboration.
- Due to the continuous growth of the group of companies, you will have the chance to develop and take on new responsibilities within the global organization.
- You will join a stable company with long-term employment, job security, as well as performance-related benefits.
- You will get extensive training measures to get you fully onboard as well as help you acquire new skills and advance your career.
- You will receive additional perks including a company car, mobile phone, credit card, and a lunch package.
If you feel intrigued by this opportunity, please apply (in English) via our application system in only 2 minutes.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Diane Moussa (+49 176 14641451)